The PTA is able to make contributions toward improving the physical and educational environment at ISH through a variety of fundraising activities, but mainly through voluntary membership donations we collect at the beginning of every school year.
Parents are kindly requested to make a voluntary donation to the PTA in order to help support its fundraising efforts. More information can be found on the page “Supporting the PTA“.
The recommended donation for the current school year is 300 SEK per student or 500 SEK for families with more than 1 student at the school.
Donations can be paid directly to the PTA bank account, bank giro number 5605-0214 or by cash at PTA events such as the Welcome Evening in August. You can also choose to make donations for specific areas of the school, for example the library or the sports department by indicating your preference on the PTA Information form.
Use the form sent with the new parent package or at the events at the start of school term and return to the school office.
The funds raised by the PTA have been used in various ways to improve the school experience for students. For example the PTA:
- donates 75 Kr for every child in the school towards the cost of class trips
- has purchased new team shirts with the school logo for our students competing in sports events
- has helped organise After-School Activities for students e.g. art, dance, maths and sports clubs
- has funded the purchase of books for the library & sports equipment for the PE department
- has provided play equipment for Kindergarten & PYP break times
- has funded the furniture and leisure equipment in a new MYP recreation room
- has sponsored the refurbishment of the student lounge at the ISH Nicolai site (MYP5 & DP)
- provides refreshments at school events such as Studenten (graduation) and start of term coffee morning
- has organised bowling evenings, quiz nights, social nights and other events for ISH parents
- has provided digital cameras for use by teachers and students from throughout the school
- has helped fund visits by English-speaking theatre groups
- helped fund the production of the PYP musicals “Jungle Book” , “Aristocats for Kids”, “Annie”, “Hairspray Junior” and “Dracula”.
- has made a large contribution to the music department’s purchase of software and hardware
Please help us continue this tradition by making your donation and coming along to support us at the various events during the school year. Please contact a member of the PTA Board if you would like to volunteer as a Class Parent, PTA Board Member or a PTA Volunteer who can be contacted for one-off events, or use the PTA Information form to let us know how you can help.
Thank you – without your support these events and purchases could not happen!